On 28 Feb 2022, the Italian Consob issued orders to blackout six websites illegally offering financial services bringing the total number of websites blacked out since July 2019 to 640. Regulators in other regimes can only issue warnings against illegal providers. Consob can order Internet providers to block their websites for the Italian market. It would be desirable if other regulators were authorized by their legislators to issue such blackouts. This would be an important step in the fight against cybercrime and scams.
Below are the sites Consob has ordered to be blacked out:
- 247ProTrade with website www.247protrade.com;
- ItalianTrades Limited with website www.italiantrades.com;
- Eufm Ltd d/b/a EUFM and European Financial Markets with website https://eufm.eu;
- Fusion Fx and Fusion-Fin with website www.fusion-fin.com;
- Daxodeal Ltd d/b/a Daxodeal with website https://daxodeal.com;
- Primer Tech International Holding OÜ d/b/a Magnates Trade with website www.magnatestrade.com.
The number of sites blacked out since July 2019, when Consob got the power to order that the websites of fraudulent financial intermediaries be blacked out, has thus risen to 640.